If you happen to’re sitting at your day job banging your head in your desk, then I may need the podcast for you.
Tom Ewer from LeavingWorkBehind.com left the consolation of his 9 to five job to chase his dream.
“Chasing your dream” all the time sounds cool, but it surely’s not so simple as it sounds.
Tom had a great paying job and to many had no purpose to do something totally different.
However he knew deep down he wanted a change. Right here’s his story.
GF¢ Podcast Sponsor
Huge due to Betterment for being the official sponsor of the GF¢ podcast! You may be taught extra how about how Betterment is altering the best way you make investments right here.
- Tom Ewer is an entrepreneur and blogger from a city within the U.Ok. known as Rugby.
- He’s the person behind http://www.leavingworkbehind.com
- At all times had an entrepreneurial spirit, however was by no means very academically-minded.
- After graduating faculty at 21, he realized he didn’t know tips on how to do a lot of something, so he started working for his father, an entrepreneur in his personal proper.
- After 5 years working for his father with a great wage and advantages, Tom realized that he had been ready for one thing to work out; as an alternative he wanted to MAKE one thing occur.
- Could 2011, Tom determined to begin his on-line enterprise. He gave his depart discover in November 2011.
- The weblog and enterprise Tom created didn’t substitute his revenue straight away; in actual fact, for a number of months Tom was dropping cash.
- To be able to succeed, you will need to have a backup plan. Tom had $15,000 in financial savings earlier than he left his job, in order that he would have cash to maintain him whereas he constructed his enterprise.
- If you happen to create a enterprise at the moment, running a blog shouldn’t be the star however somewhat a method of demonstrating/promoting the primary enterprise, just because it’s troublesome to get began and monetize a weblog.
- Tom started studying new abilities to assist him on the internet, discovered like-minded folks to assist as he was fairly lonely when he first began.
- Freelance running a blog was and his Tom’s biggest supply of revenue.
- To freelance, Tom was paid to jot down weblog posts for others.
- As his enterprise turned larger, the enterprise mannequin needed to be tailored to grow to be scalable. As a substitute of writing all of the freelance weblog posts himself, Tom hires others to jot down for him.
- If you wish to freelance weblog, it’s best to enhance your writing abilities. That is completed by simplifying your writing somewhat than complicating it.
Tom’s Greatest Funding:
- The most effective funding Tom made was in himself, rising his talent set and his expertise.
- This allowed him to create one other income stream with a web-based course, educating others tips on how to get began making a living by freelance running a blog.
If you wish to depart the 9-5 grind, remember that you’ll nonetheless need to put in actual work, oftentimes greater than what you have been placing in at your day job. But when it’s one thing you like, it’s possible you’ll not thoughts. In fact, earlier than you make any form of huge choice like leaving your regular supply of revenue, make certain your funds are so as. Take a look at the free money-dominating toolkit that can assist you just do that.